01 August 2014

I'm back!!! ... With a summer reading pick!

So I dropped off the face of the earth for a while. That happens when life just keeps picking up speed and you find yourself struggling to catch up. I joke that I've been behind since 2011, but it's true, really. Actually, I've been behind since way before then, but that's when we moved last so I figure that's when I should have gotten back on track. But, alas. Still behind. So, lengthy intro completed, I'm back! And back with a book recommendation!

Many of you already know about my SIL author, Mindy Hayes. Mindy's awesome. I've known her since she was born, and she became my sister-in-law at the tender age of 8. She is a talented lady: sings, plays the piano, can make anyone smile and laugh, and has authored 3 books with one more to be released very soon. Kaleidoscope is her debut novel and the first in a series. (Ember is the second in the series and Luminary, the third, will be released sometime in September.) Here's the summary from Amazon:

“Was I still a human? Gosh, I still wanted to be human. Even just to keep a sliver of who I thought I was. But as I thought about being human, standing in the shade of the forest, I felt less human than ever. The trees fought for my allegiance." 

It starts in her chest. The change Calliope doesn't see coming. It pulses like a second heartbeat, urging her to give in to the need to be in the depths of the forest. She's compelled to fight the pull, but the more she denies it the stronger it becomes until she finally surrenders and is pulled into a secret world of enchantment. 

Kai and Declan need her to accept what she is, but with everything left unsaid, acceptance may be the least of their worries. Knowing their fate lies in her hands, they’ll stop at nothing to protect and prepare her for what lies ahead. 

Will Calliope be able to accept what Kai and Declan reveal or will her desire to be normal keep her from acknowledging her true destiny?


Doesn't that sound awesome? It is. I've read it, and I can tell you firsthand that this is a great debut novel. Fairies, humans, love triangles (or maybe quadrilaterals), and a dang good story line. Read some of the reviews it's been getting if you don't believe my totally unbiased opinion. ;) And right now Kaleidoscope is FREE on Amazon, iBooks, and Smashwords! If you haven't read it yet, you really should. Summer is in full swing, and this makes a fantastic kick-your-feet-up-and-enjoy-the-summer read. Go on. Download it. Give it a read. It will be worth it. Promise. And when you're done reading, give it a review on one of these websites. (Listings below.) Indie authors live by their reviews, so take a few minutes and jot down your impressions for her. Whether you like it or not, she appreciates the time you take to read and review.So, now, go. Read. Enjoy summer. And may popsicles and ice cream always be plentiful in your freezers. :)



Smashwords: http://bit.ly/UQFjHO

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yeah, so I'm not sure what happened with this formatting. Weird. Sorry 'bout that.

 

Design By:
SkinCorner