15 August 2014

Cotton Candy Grapes? I'm in heaven!

So maybe you all are more up to date on your produce than I am, but I just discovered this amazing little treat: cotton candy grapes!

Mia and I were in Sprouts tonight getting the requisite fruit to satisfy the little beasties in our home when we ran upon the grapes. I had just sacked up the red seedless variety and was going for the green when the produce guy said to me from across the grapefruit, "Have you ever tried this kind?" I looked over and saw the name Cotton Candy emblazoned on the container and said, "No." "Come over here and try it," he beckoned. So Mia and I scooted on over and gave it a try.

Now, if you don't already know, Mia is my candy girl. Always has been. I have a picture of her at age 2 with 5 lollipops stuck in her mouth. Her sweet tooth has not tempered with age. I love candy myself, and I'll admit that cotton candy is one of my favorites. The fluffy pink cloud of spun sugar delight transports me back to lazy days lying under a palm tree watching the clouds go by. Every time. How can I resist?

And after tasting just one juicy Cotton Candy grape I still couldn't resist. It tasted like cotton candy! It was amazing! Of course it's nothing like cotton candy: round, solid, squishy, wet, and an undeniably unattractive shade of green. But it tasted like cotton candy. I don't know how they were able to do that, but, boy, am I glad they did. Naturally, we bought a container.

It is more pricey than regular green grapes ($5.99 for 2 lbs), but my candy girl was so taken with the "cotton candy" that is healthy for you that I had to get it. My impulse shopping for the day.

If you haven't tried it yet, try it, if for no other reason than to experience the flavor sensation of candy in a fruit. You may be a purist and not like it. That's fine. The regular green table grapes are right across the way. And if you do like it, don't thank me, thank the Sprouts produce guy. Thanks, Sprouts produce guy!

No comments:

 

Design By:
SkinCorner