02 June 2008

Indiana Jones


Okay, so I had mixed feelings about going to see the new Indiana Jones movie. After all, I expected so much from the Star Wars prequel and was, in all honesty, disappointed. I was so worried that Indiana Jones would have the same fate.


On Saturday night we went on a date night (thanks, Anna!) and saw The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. As far as Indy movies go, this was up there with the rest of them--mostly. I loved the chase/fight scene in the jungle; the fight in the diner was great; I loved that they used the original Marion; I loved that they used the same map and airplane to show where they were traveling; I loved that Indy was 20 years older in the film so Harrison Ford wasn't pretending to be 20 years younger; I loved the humor--very Indiana Jones; I even liked Shia LaBeouf (even though I still see the goofy Disney kid when I look at him). It was fun, it was exciting. I did feel that it was a little long, but in contrast, Chris couldn't believe it was already over. The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was...(if you have already seen the movie or don't mind a spoiler, highlight the following area to read the rest)... the alien thing. Leave it to Spielberg to bring in the whole outer space thing. I really liked the premise of the movie, but really. Aliens? I could have done without that. It seemed a little like Indiana Jones meets Independence Day. (Spoiler end.) But even with that, I still liked it. It had all the elements of a good adventure, including Harrison Ford. Yeah, he's getting older, but I still love him. :)
.
So, I give it 4 stars out of 5. How did you like it?

No comments:

 

Design By:
SkinCorner