26 March 2008

Spring is here!

Yes, spring is officially here. Blossoms are everywhere, the weather is warming, and the National Cherry Blossom Festival is nearly upon us. I'm really excited for the cherry blossoms. Being fresh from Arizona, and before that from mild San Diego, I haven't seen a lot of real spring blooming. The flowering palo verde in my front yard doesn't really count.



The girls and I decided to go down to the Tidal Basin this afternoon and check out the cherry blossoms firsthand before the official start of the festival, which I'm sure will be crazy. The trees are blossoming, and, wow, are they pretty.

Of course, the place to see them is the Tidal Basin and the Jefferson Memorial. Mia was gracious enough to pose for the camera in front of the Memorial. (Today she kept singing, "Spring is here, spring is here, it's the best time of the year." I believe she's right.)


Hailey was particularly taken with these beautiful flowers, and I loved all of the colors around her.



What I love about DC is that everything is so close to everything else. I love this picture of Hailey leaning against the Jefferson Memorial while looking at the Washington Monument.

We really had fun with the blossoms today. If you ever have the chance, you have to visit DC in the spring. And if you do, don't miss out on the cherry blossoms!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Whst a great experience you and your kids are having! We took our kids to D.C. for 2 days in the middle of the summer when I was pregnant, not the best time to go. We have always said we want to go back. I am so glad you are taking such advantage of where you are getting to live!

heidi and tom said...

GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing!!!! We love and miss you!

jeremyandholly said...

i love your new blog layout!! (and i can see your pictures MUCH better!) the blossom pictures are magnificent!!!!

 

Design By:
SkinCorner