23 February 2008

The Spiderwick Chronicles

I have been such a blog slacker. Sorry to those of you who have checked regularly only to find nothing. I apologize, and I shall do better.





Today we went to see "The Spiderwick Chronicles". Pretty good movie, I must say. I was surprised, however, at the amount of "creature violence" for being just PG. I only mention it because Mia was sitting on Chris's lap for most of the movie and was apparently shaking for most of it. But she wouldn't look away. For once, she sat through a movie completely captivated. I think she's gonna be a scary movie sort of girl. Nothing else seems to hold her interest. Hailey did well during the movie, but she did close her eyes during the final scene with the bad ogre. Overall it was a good flick. Good acting (I like Freddie Highmore), good story, good effects. Of course, I may curse the movie tomorrow if I have to go in tonight to soothe girls with bad dreams.


2 comments:

TheIsom8 said...

I was glad to hear a review of the movie! We would like to take the kids since most of them have read (or had read to them) the books! We have a couple of scary movie kids too! Hope your night went well! ;-)

ryanandmindy said...

that movie looked scary to me!..but then again i'm kind of a scaredy cat..haha..but i liked the review. ryan has kinda been wanting to see that movie!

 

Design By:
SkinCorner