08 January 2008

12th Anniversary!

This past Saturday (1/5/08) we celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. 12 years seems like such a long time, but it doesn't feel like 12 years could have possibly gone by already. Well, to celebrate Chris took me to a place he's been anxious to go to for months--Fogo de Chao. (http://www.fogodechao.com/) It's a Brazilian steakhouse where about 15 different cuts of meat on skewers are carved tableside at your bidding. It is fantastic! And, wow, is it expensive! But it is well worth the expense to enjoy the experience. If you are ever near one of the 10 locations in the U.S., save your pennies and be sure to go!

After dinner we took in a movie. "I Am Legend," to be exact. It wasn't exactly my cup of tea (Chris asks how I know what my "cup of tea" even is since I don't drink it--pill!), but it was well done and rather well acted. But don't just take my opinion. If you've seen it and loved it, let me know. I often give movies a second chance. (Except for "Nothing But Trouble"--that was just plain awful.) :)

6 comments:

heidi and tom said...

That last comment made me giggle because I remember just how AWEFUL "Nothing But Trouble" was!! Congrats on 12 years!!!!! Man, Tom and I hit the double digits at the end of this year and I can hardly belief it. I'm glad you got to get out and celebrate!

Love,
Heidi

TheIsom8 said...

Amy & Chris-Happy Anniversary! Can you believe time has gone by so quickly? The steakhouse sounds so yummy! We went to a Brazilian place when we were in Utah and loved it! A night out is always fun! Have a wonderful upcoming year!

TheIsom8 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ryanandmindy said...

yay for 12 years! that's crazy! was i really that young when you guys got married?..and ryan and i saw I Am Legend and i'm right along side with you! well i think they could have done more with movie and i wasn't the greatest fan of the ending! one i would rent to see again just to re-evaluate, but not buy i don't think..

jeremyandholly said...

HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! boy you guys sure are old. 12 years. wow. :)i'm glad you got to spend time loving eachother!

Amy said...

Yes, yes, so we're old. Holly was 15 and Mindy was 8 when we got married, and now they are both married (and getting older, too, I might add!). :)

 

Design By:
SkinCorner