11 September 2007

Remembering



Today marks a very important anniversary in the history of our nation. It should mean something to every American wherever they are, but it really makes an impact on me today, where I am. I stood at my balcony this morning and looked out across to the Pentagon. What a devastating sight must have been seen from this very same balcony six years ago. I find it so sad that a nation united in grief and burgeoning strength those few years ago has dwindled back to the whining and the petty arguing of times before September 11th 2001. I think that the phrase "Never Forget" has somewhat been forgotten. No, the people we lost have not been forgotten; the heroes have not been forgotten. But the feeling, the emotion that united us in strength that day and the days following has been. As I sit here and look at the flag illuminated by blue flood lights draping over the side of the Pentagon, I find that I will most assuredly never forget.

1 comment:

heidi and tom said...

Wow, Amy, what a beautiful post. Thanks for giving me SUCH a visual to really think about. What a cool opportunity you guys have to live in D.C. for awhile. love and miss you!!

Heidi

 

Design By:
SkinCorner